YouTube is a free video-sharing website that makes it easy to watch online videos. You can even create and upload your own videos to share with others. Originally created in 2005, YouTube is now one of the most popular sites on the Web, with visitors watching around 6 billion hours of video every month. If you’ve ever watched a video online, there’s a good chance it was a YouTube video.
It was registered on February 14, 2005, by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim, three former employees of the American e-commerce company PayPal. They had the idea that ordinary people would enjoy sharing their “home videos.” The company is headquartered in San Bruno, California.
Why use YouTube?
One reason YouTube is so popular is the sheer number of videos you can find. On average, 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, so there’s always something new to watch! And you’ll find all kinds of videos on YouTube—adorable cats, quirky cooking demos, funny science lessons, quick fashion tips, and a whole lot more.
the Main Functions of YouTube
– Users can search for and watch videos
– Create a personal YouTube channel
– Upload videos to your channel
– Like/Comment/share other YouTube videos
– Users can subscribe/follow other YouTube channels and users
– Create playlists to organize videos and group videos together